Now track your USPS shipment with ease by following the steps provided below:
- Get the USPS tracking number which is issued to during the time of shipment
- Enter it in the box which is specially designed to track your package
- Now click track button
- The details of your USPS shipment will be displayed.
To get more convenient whereabouts of your USPS package please sign in to “MY USPS” account:
- Go to the official web page.
- Sign into your account, if you don’t have one then you can create a new one.
- Once you are signed in then you can manage your tracking numbers easily.
- Now you can track your USPS shipments anywhere using your high-end mobile devices or tablets.
- You can set up notifications to get each and every update of your package.
- Type of notifications includes email notifications, SMS notifications.
- You can choose any of these notifications depending on your convenience.
- Whenever there is an update in your shipment details it will be automatically shown up on your USPS dashboard.
- You can also schedule a redelivery if you miss your package or even you can authorize your carrier to leave it ina safe place for you.
- You can also keep a hold mail request if you are not in a position to receive a package.
It is to be noted that we are no the official for USPS tracking. So, if the customer has any kind of questions then here is USPS customer service for you.
USPS Tracking customer service number:
Customer care number is 1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777).
Timings: Monday to Friday 8 AM- 8 PM ET
On Saturday 8 AM- 6 PM ET
Tips to measure dimensions of your USPS package:
The largest measure of the package is called as the length of the package.
Thickness is the height of your package
The remaining dimension is the width.
Now girth of the package is defined as twice the sum of width and height of the package.
USPS is the largest logistics shipment company in the USA.It is the best courier service company all over the USA.Since its establishment in July 1970.
In the year 2015, the USPS has around 600k employees and operated around 200k vehicles.The main aim of USPS is to provide courier services for at affordable and
reasonable prices.USPS is a governmental agency run by the government of USPS.USPS is also termed as the post office, US mail or postal service.It is one of very few organizations operated by US government.
The United States Postal Service
Founded on July 1, 1971, in Washington D.C, the United States of America, The United States Postal Service or simply USPS is an agency of the United States Government that functions independently. The United States Postal Service is solely responsible for providing postal services all around the United States. USPS is specifically authorized by the United States Constitution and it is one of the very few agencies to be under its belt. Its headquarters are located in Washington D.C. The Agency Executives of the United States Postal Service are Megan Brennan who is the Postmaster General and Ronald A. Stroman who is the Deputy Postmaster General. The United States Postal Services functions with a total of 625,113 employees based on January statistics with 493,381 of them working as career based employees and the other 131,732 working as non-career based employees.
Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States was the first ever Postmaster General, who is also the Chief Executive Officer of the United States Postal Service. This was long ago in 1775. Benjamin Franklin was the one responsible for the conception of the Post Office Department; what The USPS was referred to as previously; in the year 1792. Later in the year 1872, the Post Office Department was later risen to become a cabinet-level department. And finally, The United States Postal Service came into being in the year 1971, where it became an independent government agency primarily responsible for taking care of the postal services in the nation.
How USPS works
With over 600,000 employees under its belt, The United State Postal Service is considered to be one of the largest employers of the United States civilians. It is third only to the Federal Government and the very popular Wal-Mart. According to a few observations made by the United States Supreme Court in 2006 based on the submissions given by the USPS agency, the United States Postal Service makes more than 660 million mail deliveries a day to more than 140 million points of delivery. And according to their 2014 records and statistics, the United States Postal Service works with more than 31,000 post offices and an equal number of locations in the nation. According to the statistics of the same year, USPS makes around 155 billion mail deliveries a year. Since the United States Postal Service has one of the largest fleets of motor vehicles leased by the United States Government, it is considered to be one of the biggest civilian fleets in the world. It operates with an estimate of more than 210,000 vehicles. Geographically and based on the workers, the locations, and the service, The United States Postal Service is considered to be the world’s largest postal service system. According to the estimates, it delivers two-fifths of the world’s mail! To make sure that they do not have to make any sort of compromises with gasoline intake and usage due to the increase in its rates yearly, The United States Postal Service spends 80 million dollars every year.
Since they have such an astounding vehicle fleet, the mostly and widely identified vehicles it operates with are Chevrolet Long Life Vehicle or Grumman Long Life Vehicle, Ford Flex Fuel Vehicle and Utilimaster Flex Fuel Vehicle. These Flex Fuel Vehicles are also commonly referred to as Carrier Route Vehicles.
USPS Tracking and Delivery
The United States Postal Service comes with a Domestic Mail Manual or DMM which explains all the terms and conditions of their delivery and tracking procedure. So an individual who is willing to make use of their services by the mailing of articles like letters, parcels, flats, etc. must make sure to go through the DMM by USPS and act in accordance with the standards they have published. Mailing is a tedious process and one must go through lots of trouble to make sure that it is delivered safe, well packaged and upright. And hence, USPS comes up with certain restrictions and limitations or better say rules they expect their customers to follow when they serve them. Like the customer must make sure that he or she complies with the dimensions that USPS accepts for an item to be shipped and hence, the customer must make sure to not go beyond such perimeters. Another major problem delivery services face is weight. USPS provides with various package options for different types of mailing service and hence, this also must be followed. Other criteria like Mailing containers, sealing, and closure, markings, etc. must also be within their grounds. They do not ship or deliver packages that can be hazardous like explosives and flammables and if they have to, it comes with a lot of restrictions and strict packaging.
Postage: A customer must take extreme care about labels and placement of the Delivery address. It is not USPS’ responsibility if anything goes wrong in such cases. The DMM has information about how a package delivery address must be put on it very clearly and the customer must read it before handing it over for delivery. They should be very careful during the postage process, i.e. while stamping, imprinting by meters, etc. The stamp and the indicia should be partly concealed to be counted as a postage that is valid to be delivered.
Delivery: A package that is about to be delivered or is going to be delivered must have proper visible, legit, and postage address of the recipient. This is the most important aspect any package must cater to before it is ready to be shipped. The address should be crystal clear along with the zip code for an easy delivery to happen. If the delivery is incomplete or is not legit enough to deliver due to some errors in postage, then the customer can give a return address so that he or she can get back the delivery. This is possible only for certain type of shipping like Express Mail, Priority Mail, Insured Mail, Registered Mail, wrapped or enveloped periodicals and certain parcels.
Payment: Any package that is being delivered should have a legit postage stamp. A postage payment can be made in various forms. The can include by putting up stamps, imprints and postage products etc. Sometimes a package that needs to be delivered just needs to be signed by a high-ranking member of the society. This happens in the case of the Members of the United States Congress and this type of postage is known as franking.
Tracking: USPS gives a lot of importance to a customer package. They take great care in delivering it to the destined address. USPS Tracking is provided to all the customers so that they can make sure that their mail is being delivered properly and to the right address. USPS generally gives out tracking information like the time, date, the area zip code etc to all the customers. This way the customer can also be assured that their package has been delivered.
USPS Mailing and Shipping
The United States Postal Services provides its customers with a number of mailing and shipping options. Each of these options come with their own pros and rules and a customer must abide by them for their package to be delivered. The following are their famous Shipping and Mailing services:
- USPS Priority Mail Express: This type of deliveries are made overnight and are given the utmost importance mainly because of the urgency the delivery comes with. It is a domestic service and delivers to almost all addresses within the United States of America.
- USPS Priority Mail: This type of deliveries are made within 1 or 3 days based on the package and the distance of the recipient address. It is both a domestic and international service and the international service takes a maximum of 6 days for delivery.
- USPS First Class Mail: This type of deliveries are made within 1 or 3 days and are quick and reasonable in pricing. Shipping of packages such as letters and envelopes are done via this mail. It is an international and a domestic service.
- USPS Retail Ground: This type of deliveries are made within 2 to 8 days and are sent in retail only. This type is useful when the deliveries are not so urgent and are supposed to be sent to land. So it is mostly a domestic service.
- USPS Media Mail: This type of mailing is done when a customer wants to send across some educational material. It does come with restrictions on the type of content that is being sent, though, so customers must take care of sending the mail within restrictions. It does not come with USPS tracking.
USPS Customer Service
The United States Postal Service takes great care of their customers. They are very efficient in answering queries and solving problems of their customers. They have recently begun something called CyberSafe at USPS due to the increase in cyber trafficking. They provide with a very informative FAQ and answer questions related to fraudulent packaging, missed deliveries, change of address, delayed package deliveries, managing USPS accounts, etc. They also give information about filing claims and learning about refunds to their customers. They are active on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.